Wednesday 9 December 2009

I found this film excellent, but awkward at the same time as it was totally different from modernised version, which I actually watched first; to me I feel that this version focused more on the atonement of the book, were as the modernised film strived far off and turned it into a totally different story. This film had a sort of sexist approach to rights and authorities of women; the men within the film were given much more dominance than the females. I thought that the tonality of the film successfully transformed, converting from a comical approach into a generic horror. One interesting factor that I thought played on the uncanny within this film was the eyes of the robotic wives; every part of the Stepford wives bodies could be created except the original eyes, which shows that no matter how hard you try, a robot cannot replace a humans natural presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment