Monday 18 January 2010

I found poltergeist to be a very interesting film, although it has a similar plot to most of the themed films we have seen within this project I can help but applaud the way in, which the director manage to convert a comforting suburban house into an unexplainable source of evil over a short space of time. The visual effects used within this film are handled perfectly and in the process actually make you feel as if this family is being tormented by a poltergeist. A scene that felt out of context to me was (the face being ripped off); I felt that it implicated more of violent rather than supernatural horror. Overall I think that poltergeist is a classic supernatural horror that has explores the capabilities of a poltergeist excellently, using a combination of special effects and camera angles to create a belief that this entity actually exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment